Beetroot and Chickpea Salad
8 serves of veg
- 400g can baby beets, drained and quartered
- 400g can no-added salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 100g (large handful) baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- ground pepper, to taste
- Place baby beets, chickpeas, onion and spinach leaves in a large bowl.
- In a small screw-top jar, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic and shake to combine to make dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with feta and walnuts and, season with black pepper and serve immediately.
- Use canned lentils instead of chickpeas.
- Use mixed lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce instead of spinach.
- Use other nuts or seeds instead of walnuts.
- Place leftovers on a small wholegrain pita bread to make a wrap or multigrain bread to make a sandwich.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can opener
- Chopping board
- Large bowl
- screw-top jar