Beetroot Hummus Dip
13 serves of veg
- 1 can (400g) no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium beetroot, leaves and roots removed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-salt vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into batons
- 3 medium celery stalks, sliced into batons
- 3 small wholemeal pita bread, torn roughly into pieces
- In a microwave safe bowl with lid, steam beetroot on HIGH for 10-12 minutes, slip cooked beetroot out of it’s skin.
- Add beetroot and remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- For a smoother and runnier consistency add 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock between blitzing.
- Serve with pita bread and vegetable sticks (e.g.carrot, broccoli and celery).
- Use other vegetables for dipping, including sliced capsicum or cucumber, or snow peas
- May be made without the beetroot, or made with bottled/canned whole beetroot, rinsed and drained. If using prepared beetroot from the can, begin at Step 2.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Can opener
- Microwave safe bowl