10 serves of veg
- 2 cups pasta (penne or spaghetti)
- 4 medium chicken thighs (drumsticks, skinless and boneless), chopped into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 rashers of bacon, trimmed and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped or 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 medium red capsicums, roasted or canned, chopped or torn
- 8 black olives, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes in natural juice
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Brush a large non-stick frypan with oil, heat over medium heat, add chicken first and then mushrooms, bacon and rosemary leaves, anchovies (or fish sauce) and red capsicum.
- Add the olives, turning up the heat to medium-high ensuring the chicken is turning golden brown, stirring through well.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions on the packet, rinse and drain.
- Add the garlic, chilli, wine, tomatoes and half the basil leaves to the chicken sauce and heat through for about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour pasta into a serving bowl and spoon over the chicken sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining basil leaves.
- A variety of mushrooms can be used such as oyster, straw, portobello.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large non-stick frypan
- Large deep saucepan