- 1 medium orange
- 3 cups red and green cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 small green capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate the orange rind and set aside.
- Peel and slice orange into segments or rings.
- Combine orange with cabbage, spring onions and capsicum in a serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and add orange rind.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
- Use pink grapefruit instead of orange.
- Add sliced kiwi fruit or grated carrot.
- For a creamy, low-fat dressing, mix ¼ cup low-fat natural yogurt, ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, juice of ½ lemon and 1 teaspoon wholegrain or French mustard.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Orange zester or fine grater
- Vegetable knife
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.