Potato Caesar Salad
- 3 medium potatoes
- (50g) pancetta or lean ham
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 large cos lettuce, washed and dried
- 45g can anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 sprigs parsley or basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Boil potato for 15 minutes until tender. Drain, cool and cube.
- Grill pancetta until crisp. Cool and break into pieces, drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan toast the bread on each side and cut into cubes.
- Tear lettuce into pieces.
- Rinse anchovy fillets in warm water and dry on paper towels to remove excess salt and oil. Reserve half the fillets for the dressing.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Mash reserved anchovy fillets and stir in mustard, garlic, yoghurt and herbs.
- Use the lemon juice to achieve correct consistency.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium sized saucepan
- Non-stick fry pan
- Paper towels
- Small bowl
- Serving bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.