Rainbow pasta salad
16 serves of veg
- 300g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g spiral or bowtie pasta (3 cups cooked)
- 1x 420g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1x 420g can four bean mix, drained
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin 3cm strips
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup drained fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon water
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add green beans and simmer for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Alternatively cook beans in the microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes with a tablespoon of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to packet directions until just tender.
- Drain well and add to a large serving bowl with drained beans and remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small jug, mix dressing ingredients together then pour over salad. Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cold the next day.
- Replace tinned corn with frozen corn or kernels removed from 1 fresh cob which has been steamed or microwaved on high (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Add a small chopped avocado just before serving.
- Add cooked chicken or canned tuna or salmon for a non-vegetarian option.
- Salad can be covered and stored in fridge for 1 day.
- medium sized saucepan or microwave safe lidded dish
- slotted spoon
- large serving bowl
- small jug
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.