Tropical fruit jellies
- 2 cups no-added-sugar apple juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- 1 medium peach diced or ¾ cup canned peaches in natural juice, drained
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- ½ small mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- Place ½ cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on high for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine.
- Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
- Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
- Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
For children, serve jelly in plastic cups or orange halves.
For a special occasion, jellies present beautifully in a long-stemmed wine or martini glass garnishes with mint and extra chopped fruit.
Create jelly layers by preparing two different jelly mixtures. Divide fruit and jelly mixture between 8 glasses then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until almost set. Repeat with remaining fruit and second jelly mixture.
- Use any fruit you like in this recipe, except pineapple, pawpaw or kiwifruit, which contain an enzyme which may prevent the gelatine from setting.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and store in fridge.
- If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
- microwave safe jug
- 4 x 1 cup serving glasses
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.