13 QUIT (13 7848) is a confidential, state-wide telephone service dedicated to helping people who want to quit smoking. Available 7 days a week, Quitline offers support, encouragement and resources to help with quitting.
Trained Quitline advisors can:
- provide information and advice about quitting including self-help materials
- assess a smoker's level of nicotine dependence
- provide strategies on preparing to quit such as help to develop a quit plan
- assist with prevention of relapse and staying a non-smoker
- provide information on products and services to assist in quitting.
If you’re interested in quitting, or would like more information, contact the Quitline on 13 QUIT (13 7848) and ask to speak to an advisor. They have lots of experience in helping people quit smoking, and are available 7 days a week.
Click here to request a call from a Quitline advisor.
Quitline is the cost of a local call from anywhere in Queensland, with higher call costs for mobile phones.
For more information on methods you can use to quit smoking visit http://www.health.qld.gov.au/quitsmoking/quitting.asp