- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup canned pie apple
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups natural reduced fat Yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 230g frozen or fresh Blueberries
- Beat 3 egg white in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form
- Combine 1 egg yolk, canned apple, vanilla, yoghurt and wholemeal self-raising flour and blueberries in a large bowl.
- Fold egg whites through the mixture.
- Heat small non stick fry pan, pouring batter in ladle sized spoon into the pan, leaving sufficient room to flip each pattie.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over until lightly browned underneath.
- Remove from pan, set aside on plate and repeat step 4-6 with remaining mixture.
- Serve with dollop of yoghurt and blueberries.
- Frozen blueberries, defrosted, may be substituted for fresh blueberries.
- May be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Reserve the egg yolks to use in a frittata recipe.
- Small bowl
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Frying pan