Pita Bread Pizza
3 serves of veg
- 2 small wholemeal pita breads
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup rocket leaves, rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced).
- Use a fork to combine ricotta and yoghurt in a bowl, and spread on the two pita breads.
- Place pita bread on oven tray and top with onion, tomato, mushrooms and mixed herbs.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for five minutes.
- Top with rocket and serve immediately.
- Replace the ricotta cheese and yoghurt with 4 tablespoons reduced salt tomato paste.
- Add extra reduced fat cheese on the pizza such as mozzarella, parmesan or tasty.
- Use any combination of vegetables you like for the toppings such as thinly sliced pumpkin or sweet potato, zucchini or capsicum, chopped cauliflower or asparagus, torn silverbeet leaves, leftover cooked vegetables, ½ cup corn, ½ cup canned cannellini or kidney beans, drained and mashed.
- Use wholegrain English muffin, split in half instead of pita bread.
- Add 100 grams ham or cooked chicken with the vegetables.
- Add 100 grams canned drained tuna with the vegetables.
Cooked pizza can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Small knife
- Oven tray
- Wire rack