All year round fruit salad
- 2 cups watermelon, thick green skin removed and cubed
- ½ pineapple, cored and cubed
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and cubed
- 3 passionfruit, pulped
- 2 oranges, juiced
- Combine all fruit in a large serving bowl.
- Stir through passionfruit and pour over juice and mix.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Make sure orange juice is poured over any fruits that discolour quickly, eg: bananas, pears and apples.
- All fruits can be used in this salad. When in season, use stone fruits, grapes, mangoes and strawberries.
- As an alternative to watermelon you can use rockmelon or honeydew melon.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium sized bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.