Apple and banana hotcakes
7 serves of fruit
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 2½ cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2½ tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl beat eggs, margarine and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and sugar and gradually stir into wet mixture until smooth.
- Fold in apple.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of mixture, flip when bubbles appear in the centre of the hotcake and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with banana and drizzled honey.
Makes 15 pancakes.
- Add ¼ cup sultanas to dry mixture.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Vegetable peeler, apple corer
- Large bowls
- Non-stick pan
- Egg Flip/Slide
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.