Apricot custard flan
5 serves of fruit
- olive or canola oil spray
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 825g canned apricots in (light) syrup, drained well
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spray a 22cm diameter shallow ovenproof dish with oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl, blender or jug and mix well.
- Place apricots cut side down into dish, then pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes or until custard is set.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with natural yoghurt if desired.
- Replace the apricots with 600g of any kind of fresh seasonal fruit or canned fruit (drained of natural juice) including peaches, plums, pears, apples, pitted cherries or frozen berries.
- The flan is best eaten when still warm.
- 1 shallow ovenproof dish or 4 small 1-cup capacity ovenproof dishes
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.