Apricot custard flan
5 serves of fruit
- olive or canola oil spray
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 825g canned apricots in natural juice, drained well
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spray a 22cm diameter shallow ovenproof dish with oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl, blender or jug and mix well.
- Place apricots cut side down into dish, then pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for minutes or until custard is set.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Replace the apricots with 600g of any kind of fresh seasonal fruit or canned fruit (drained of natural juice) including peaches, plums, pears, apples, pitted cherries or frozen berries.
Serve with natural yoghurt if desired.
- The flan is best eaten when still warm.
- 1 shallow ovenproof dish or 4 small 1-cup capacity ovenproof dishes
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.