- 800g can apricots, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 4 sheets filo pastry (27cm x 47cm)
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tablespoons almonds, flaked
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Combine apricots, honey, cinnamon and dates in a small bowl.
- Lightly spray pastry with oil.
- Lay pastry sheets on top of each other then spoon apricot mixture along the centre length.
- Fold pastry to encase the apricot mixture, tucking neatly into a roll.
- Spray top with oil and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Tip: Always choose fruit canned in ‘natural’ juice or pie apples as these do not have ‘added sugar’.
- Canned peaches or apples could replace the apricots.
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Can opener
- Small bowl
- Baking tray
- Damp teatowel
- Pastry brush