Avocado & Feta Smash on Toast
4 serves of veg
2 serves of fruit
- 2 avocados, halved, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint or basil torn in pieces or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 thick pieces of bread (rye, wholemeal or sourdough)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 grams reduced fat feta
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 shakes pepper (extra)
- Place avocado, mint, lemon juice and pepper in small bowl and roughly mash with fork.
- Add feta and toss lightly.
- Toast bread and lightly brush each slice with oil.
- Divide avocado mixture on each slice of toast and top with tomatoes and onion and season with pepper.
- Substitute feta with ricotta and mix with the avocado
- Add extra vegetables such as corn, mushrooms, onion, capsicum
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Medium bowl