Awesome avocado and banana smoothie
3 serves of fruit
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 avocado, peel and remove stone
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat milk, chilled
- 6 ice cubes
- Blend banana, avocado and honey in a food processor until smooth.
- Add vanilla, milk and ice and blend for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
- Substitute 1 cup chopped mango, Pawpaw or pineapple chunks for the avocado.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.