Baked banana boat
2 serves of fruit
- 2 bananas, keep skin on
- 30 grams dark chocolate buttons
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts such as almonds or macadamia
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200º C (or 180º C in fan forced oven)
- Make a slit through the skin of each banana along one side – make sure you don’t cut all the way through to the other side.
- Stuff each banana with the chocolate buttons and nuts along the cut.
- Wrap in foil and place on oven tray and bake in oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. Allow to sit for five minutes before removing foil.
- Place the banana in its skin on serving plates with the split side facing upwards.
- Drizzle with yoghurt and eat the flesh of the banana.
- Replace chocolate buttons with 2 tablespoons honey.
Can be stored for up to 3 days in refrigerator.
- Aluminum foil
- Baking tray