Baked Jacket Potatoes
- 4 medium sized potatoes (allowing at least one per person)
- A little oil for brushing
- Sliced avocado and lemon juice
- Baked beans
- Chopped tomatoes and olives
- Roasted eggplant strips
- Roasted capsicum strips
- Sliced and sautéed mushrooms
- Chilli con carne
- Lean ham and pineapple
- Creamed corn and tuna
- 3/4 cup yoghurt
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220˚C. Scrub potatoes and brush skins lightly with oil to ensure a dry crisp surface.
- Bake on a tray for 40-60 minutes depending on size, until cooked.
- Slice potato in half.
- Spread with a spoonful of dressing and spoon over desired toppings.
- For an alternative way of serving, make a cross on top of potato with a knife. Press from the base to open up potato. Top as above.
- Wrap potatoes in foil squares for soft melting skins.
- Open foil and fold down to fill with toppings. Serve hot in foil.
- These categories are only for the potato and does not include the suggested fillings
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Pastry brush
- Oven tray
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.