Banana and Passionfruit with Chocolate Slice
3 serves of veg
7 serves of fruit
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 40g coconut or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate buds
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 170g can passionfruit pulp or pulp of 5 fresh passionfruit
- 200g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Combine beans, eggs, oil and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Then add cocoa, oats, sugar and baking powder. Blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate buds.
- Spoon the mixture into a small 20cm square cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, surface will feel firm to touch, allow to cool in tin.
- Slice into squares and serve with banana, passionfruit and a dollop of yoghurt.
- Using dry black beans and cooking according to instructions on the packet can be substituted for the cannellini bean.
- Choose other fruits in season, orange, strawberries, mango, kiwifruit as you prefer.
May be kept refrigerated for up to 7 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Food processor or stick blender
- Cake tin
- Baking paper
- Chopping board
- Large knife