- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- olive or canola oil spray
- Combine egg, juice, ricotta and sugar.
- Mix in the banana, sultanas and cinnamon.
- Lightly spray sandwich maker with oil.
- Place two slices of bread on the sandwich maker, divide mixture over the two slices.
- Top with remaining slices of bread and toast until heated through and egg is cooked.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.