Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
- 250g cooked Hokkien egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400g rump steak, fat fully-trimmed, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ½ tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Prepare noodles following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften.
- Return beef to pan. In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces.
- Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.
- Substitute beef for 400g lean pork leg steak. Replace broccoli and snow peas with other vegetables, eg: Chinese cabbage, bok choy and sliced carrots.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large non-stick frypan or wok
- Stainless steel bowl
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.