10 serves of veg
- 300g lean beef steak, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or ground coriander
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch (35g) coriander, chopped, roots removed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into batons
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 wholegrain, multigrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- ⅓ cup extra light sour cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine beef, garlic, lemon or lime juice, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon ground cumin or coriander and season with pepper. Mix well. Cover bowl, refrigerate and marinate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Combine tomatoes and coriander in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Spray a wok or large non-stick frypan with oil and heat. Stir-fry the beef in two batches for 1-2 minutes each until brown and just cooked, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with oil and return to high heat. Stir-fry onion with remaining teaspoon of cumin or coriander for 3 minutes.
- Add in capsicum and zucchini and stir-fry vegetables until tender, but still firm and bright.
- Stir through sweet chilli sauce and cooked beef then stir-fry until heated through.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on high, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, top tortillas with beef stir-fry, tomato-coriander mix and 2 teaspoons of sour cream, then roll up to enclose filling.
- For added spice, stir-fry a chopped red chilli with the onion.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute beef for 2 cans of rinsed and drained no-added-salt kidney beans and serve with guacamole.
- Serve and eat immediately.
- small bowl
- medium bowl
- wok or non-stick fry pan
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.