Berry bircher muesli
8 serves of fruit
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium granny smith apples (or seasonal alternative), cored, coarsely grated with skin on
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cups blueberries or other berries, fresh or thawed from frozen
- Place oats, sultanas, juice and water in a 2-litre container with a lid.
- Mix to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in apple and yoghurt and top with berries.
- Replace apple juice with unsweetened orange or pineapple juice.
- Replace sultanas with mixed dried fruit, currants, diced dried apricot or figs.
- Stir through a tablespoon of toasted nuts such as almonds, pistachios or hazelnuts, just before serving.
- Top with passionfruit pulp and other seasonal fruit including sliced bananas, papaya or pear.
- Bircher Muesli can be stored covered in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 2 litre container
- serving bowls
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.