4 serves of fruit
- 1 medium granny smith apple, unpeeled and grated
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat plain yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds or chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons seed such as sunflower or pepitas (pumpkin) (optional)
- 2 cups chopped seasonal fruit such as banana, peaches, berries, passionfruit, rockmelon
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or can be consumed after one hour).
- Serve with seasonal fruit.
- Use other nuts such as mixed nuts, pistachio, macadamia
- Use any variety of apple in season
- Exchange 1 tablespoon of oats, with 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1/2 tablespoon of quinoa
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap