3 serves of fruit
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup canned pie apple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups natural reduced-fat yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 230g frozen or fresh blueberries
- Beat 3 egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Combine 1 egg yolk, canned apple, vanilla, yoghurt, wholemeal self raising flour and blueberries in a large bowl.
- Fold egg whites through the mixture.
- Heat a small non-stick frypan. Use a ladle-sized spoon to pour the batter into the frypan, leaving sufficient room to flip each flapjack.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over until lightly browned underneath.
- Remove from pan, set aside on plate and repeat step 4-6 with remaining mixture.
- Serve with dollop of yoghurt and blueberries.
- Frozen blueberries, defrosted, may be substituted for fresh blueberries.
- May be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Reserve the egg yolks to use in a frittata recipe.
- Small bowl
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Frying pan