Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin
- ½ medium (300g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head (3.5 cups) broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons (30g) grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam vegetables for 6-8 minutes until tender and place in an ovenproof dish.
- In a saucepan, mix cornflour with a little milk to form a paste, stir in remaining milk and bring to the boil, stirring until thickened.
- Add cheese and nutmeg and pour over vegetables.
- Top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown or bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot, immediately
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Microwave safe dish or medium saucepan
- Small saucepan
- Ovenproof baking dish
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.