Chargrilled beef with avocado and corn salsa
5 serves of veg
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1 large corn cob, husk intact
- ½ medium avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 x 110g rump steak trimmed of fat
- olive or canola oil spray
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place capsicum on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Microwave the corn cob in its husk on high (100%) for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Remove the husk and silk. Cut kernels from the cob into a medium sized bowl. Discard cob.
- For the salsa, add capsicum, avocado, coriander and lime juice to the corn.
- Preheat a grill pan or heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Spray the steaks with oil and season with pepper. Cook steaks to your liking. Rest for 2 minutes. Slice steak into strips.
- Divide salsa between plates and top with the steak slices. Serve with lime wedges.
- Bottled lime juice can be used when fresh limes are not available.
- A drained can of no-salt-added corn kernels, or frozen corn, can be used in place of the fresh corn cob.
- Serve immediately.
- Non-stick baking tray
- Microwave safe bowl
- Medium sized bowl
- Heavy based frying pan
- Serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.