Chicken and vegetable kebabs
- Crab noodle salad
- Fruit berry jellies
- Zucchini quiche with rice crust
- Chargrilled beef with avocado and corn salsa
- Spicy BBQ barramundi with mango salad
- Chicken and vegetable kebabs
- Tropical Fruit Trifle
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Grape, plum and berry bomb
- Crunchy Waldorf Salad
- Beetroot and Chickpea Salad
- 500 g chicken thigh or chicken breast fillets, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 1/2 red or green capsicum, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pieces pineapple (canned and drained or fresh pineapple cut into 2 cm chunks)
Honey and Soy Marinade
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce* or add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Thread chicken chunks onto skewers that have been pre-soaked in water (prevent burning on BBQ) alternating with a vegetable and one piece of pineapple per skewer.
- Mix the sweet soy sauce, honey and garlic in a bowl.
- Marinate the prepared chicken and vegetable skewer in the honey and soy mixture for 30 minutes in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 180ºC and cook for 20-25 minutes. Alternatively heat the BBQ on a medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Test the chicken is cooked by inserting a clean skewer into the centre to check that the juices run clear (if pink, cook a little longer).
- Omit chicken and add more vegetables for a vegetarian dish
- Can be gluten free with simple swaps such gluten free soy sauce
Chicken can sit in marinade for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator at 5ºC or lower. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days after cooking. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping boards (one for meat, one for vegetable and fruit)
- Large knife
- Sealed plastic container