Chicken, pumpkin and bocconcini pizza
9 serves of veg
- 4 medium wholemeal pita breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato passata (alternatively, blend a can of crushed tomatoes)
- 100g bocconcini cheese (baby mozzarella)
- 180g (1 cup) cooked chicken without skin, pulled into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- small bunch basil leaves, torn in pieces
- small bunch rocket leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place pumpkin pieces into plastic bag with olive oil and ground pepper and shake to evenly coat pumpkin in olive oil.
- Remove pumpkin from plastic bag and arrange in single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Spread pita bread with tomato passata and top with pumpkin, bocconcini cheese, chicken, thyme and basil leaves. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven until the bocconcini has melted.
- Toss rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes in the balsamic vinegar and serve with pizza cut into slices.
Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping boards
- Large knife
- Plastic bag for coating oil over vegetables
- Small bowl
- Kitchen scissors