Cinnamon baked apples
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, washed and cored
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- 50g dried mix fruit
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Run a knife around the middle of the apples to pierce the skin.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spoon into apple cavities, leaving a little excess on top of each apple.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with extra sauce from the bottom of the dish.
Tip: Scoring around the middle of the apple ensures the apple doesn’t burst out of its skin during cooking.
- Substitute pears or nashi fruit for the apples.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Apple corer
- Small bowl
- Microwave safe bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.