- olive or canola oil spray
- ½ cup polenta
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 420g can creamed corn
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, drained of oil and finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
- Spray a 12-cup capacity muffin pan with oil.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tray.
- Bake 20 -25 min or until a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe works well in all different shapes and sizes. Try a mini-muffin pan, a loaf tin or a lamington tray, but be aware that smaller muffins will cook quicker.
- Replace the spring onion, sundried tomatoes and parsley with smokey paprika, char-grilled corn and red onion.
- Corn bread can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to 4 months.
- muffin tray
- mixing bowl
- stirring spoon
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.