Corn noodle cakes
10 serves of veg
- 100g angel hair pasta or spaghettini, broken into 5cm lengths
- 6 regular eggs
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 400g can creamed corn
- 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions, including green tops, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (25g) chopped coriander, roots removed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 0.5 cup homemade salsa (chopped tomatoes, chilli and coriander) or one bowl of green side salad, to serve
- Add pasta to a medium pot of boiling water. Cook for 6-8 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain then set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with black pepper then mix in creamed corn, corn kernels, spring onions, capsicum, coriander and pasta.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly spread around the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and firm. Flip noodle cake and cook until brown on reverse side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and salad or salsa, if desired.
Hint: Egg rings can help mould your cakes into shape.
- Substitute frozen corn or other vegetables for tinned corn.
- Medium saucepan
- Large bowl
- Large non-stick fry pan
- Egg lifter
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.