Crab, corn and avocado lettuce boats
9 serves of veg
- 1 cos lettuce
- 1 can no-added-salt corn kernels (420g), drained
- 2 just-ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 250g cooked crab meat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- chopped chives, extra, to serve
- finely diced red chilli, extra, to serve
- Break the lettuce into individual leaves. Choose 12 intact smaller inner leaves then wash, dry and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine corn, avocado, chilli, chives, crab meat, lemon juice and season with pepper; toss gently.
- Spoon crab mixture into each lettuce leaf and arrange on a platter or serving plate.
- Garnish with extra chives and chilli, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Use witlof or radicchio leaves instead of cos lettuce.
- Replace cos lettuce with baked wonton wrappers or filo pastry cups.
- Replace chives with chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley.
- Replace canned corn for 250g of kernels cut from 2-3 ears of cooked corn.
- Serve with noodles or rice if desired.
- Crab mixture is best made just before serving.
- Serve immediately.
- medium bowl
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.