Crunchy salad sandwich
5 serves of veg
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small beetroot, washed and grated
- 1 lettuce leaf, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1/3 cup snow pea sprouts
- Put the avocado in a small bowl and mash well with a fork. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Spread avocado mix onto the slices of bread.
- Top two slices of bread with carrot, beetroot, lettuce, tomato and snow pea sprouts.
- Top with remaining bread and serve.
- Substitute tinned beetroot for fresh.
- Add more seasonal salad vegetables.
- Add low-fat cheese.
- Add chicken or tinned salmon or tuna for a non-vegetarian option.
- Eat once prepared or cover and store in fridge until meal time.
- small bowl
- serving plate
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.