Crunchy Waldorf salad
- 2 medium red apples, cored and chopped
- 2 medium green apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- juice of ½ an orange
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the salad.
- Mix thoroughly and serve.
- Red or black grapes can be added when in season.
- Instead of walnuts, try macadamias or cashews.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Small bowl
- Medium sized bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.