Curried Carrot Soup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable stock*, reduced-salt
- 5 large carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until translucent.
- Stir through curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Puree in a blender until smooth, adding a little extra water if required.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat.
- To microwave, reduce stock to 4 ½ cups, place ingredients in a bowl and cook on HIGH (100%) for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft
- * Use reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large pot with lid
- Blender or sieve
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.