Easy Lentil Salad
6 serves of veg
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- ½ medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Place lentils, onion, tomato, spring onions, capsicum and chilli in large bowl.
- Mix lime juice and fish sauce together in small bowl and drizzle over ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss to combine and top with walnuts to serve.
- Replace canned lentils with another type of canned beans e.g. kidney, cannellini, three bean mix
- Place leftovers on a small wholegrain pita bread to make a wrap or as a topping for baked potatoes.
- Serve in lettuce leaf and top with crumbled ricotta or feta for a more substantial serve.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can opener
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Large bowl