6 serves of veg
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 kg)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 small lemons or 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup Tahini paste
- Pinch cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Place whole eggplant onto a baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Cool and spoon out the flesh, removing juices with a paper towel.
- Mash with garlic, salt, lemon juice, tahini and cumin.
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Tip: The eggplant can be grilled whole on the barbecue, turning frequently until soft.
The dip will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.