Eggs on toast with salsa
8 serves of veg
- 4 regular eggs
- 4 regular slices wholegrain bread
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocadoes, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix tomato, avocado, red onion and lemon juice in a bowl to make salsa. Set to one side.
- Toast bread and use biscuit cutter to cut out centre of each piece of toast.
- Using a non-stick pan or lightly greased frying pan place two pieces of toast at a time in the pan.
- Break an egg into the centre and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip the eggs and toast if you want to cook more quickly.
- Remove the eggs and toast from frying pan onto plate and top with salsa, serve immediately.
- Repeat from step 3 for remaining eggs.
- Serve with additional vegetables, sliced mushrooms and wilted spinach.
Store salsa separately from egg toasties in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Non-stick Frying pan
- Round biscuit cutter
- Egg flip