Fast Fish Medley
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 small 1fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup red or white wine (optional)
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 350g white fish fillets, cut into small pieces
- 100g scallops or scallop pieces (optional)
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, drained and chopped
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add tomatoes, chilli and wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, capsicum, peas, fish and scallops, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish and capsicum are cooked.
- Stir through spinach until wilted and mixed well with all ingredients.
Tip: You can use frozen fish in this recipe.
- Prawns may replace the scallops, and other vegetables may be used, such as green beans, sweet corn and snow peas.
- Choose different varieties of rice, including brown.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large non-stick fry pan with lid
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.