Fast vegetable spaghetti
- 500g spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- ½ small capsicum, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small dice
- 570g tomato based pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add other vegetables, stirring until well mixed.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to vegetables and heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve
- Substitute other vegetables for those listed – use those you have in the refrigerator or freezer.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large saucepan
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.