Fish and crunchy Asian salad
- 460g fish fillets
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, washed
- 12 snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small chilli, seeded and sliced
- 250g cooked egg noodles, chilled
- 4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup parsley, mint or coriander, chopped
- Brush fish with oil and grill or pan-fry for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked.
- Mix salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar with lid.
- Shake to combine and toss with salad.
- Serve immediately with fish.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Pastry brush
- Medium serving bowl
- Small glass jar with screw-to lid
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Large knife
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.