Fish with lentil spinach salad
14 serves of veg
- 8 unpeeled baby potatoes, washed
- 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 2 cups (60g) baby spinach leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 spring onions, ends trimmed and chopped (including green tops)
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 x 120g fillets firm white fish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey wholegrain mustard
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the brown lentils, spinach, tomatoes, spring onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl combine balsamic vinegar and mustard to make a dressing. Mix dressing through the lentil salad.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add fish and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve fish with potatoes, lentil salad and lemon wedges.
- Replace cherry tomatoes with chopped or wedged tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Large non-stick fry pan
- Egg lifter
- Serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.