Fruit berry jellies
- 2 cups 100% unsweetened apple and blackcurrant juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- ½ teaspoon rosewater essence (optional)
- 250g punnet strawberries, quartered
- Place ½ cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on high for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine.
- Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
- Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
- Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
Rosewater essence is found in baking aisle of supermarket with other flavourings and vanilla. It is inexpensive and adds a subtle sophisticated ‘Turkish delight’ flavour.
- Replace strawberries with 300g frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- Store jelly covered in the fridge.
- If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
- Microwave safe jug
- 4 x 1 cup serving glasses
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.