Fruits of the forest yoghurt compote
3 serves of fruit
- 1 cup (125g) frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- 1 punnet of strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1½ cups low-fat vanilla or berry yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds or roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Place mixed berries or blueberries into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, gently stirring until berries soften, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through strawberries. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes, longer if time permits.
- Divide half the berry mixture between two glasses.
- Top with layers of yoghurt, remaining berries then yoghurt.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and serve.
- Heat berries for 2 minutes once strawberries have been added and serve on 4 slices of raisin toast or fruit bread.
- This can also be served as a dessert, presented in a decorative long-stemmed glass.
- Toasted pepitas and sunflower seeds can be used instead of almonds.
- Dish is best eaten immediately.
- small saucepan
- two serving glasses
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.