Fruity chicken salad
10 serves of veg
2 serves of fruit
- 400g cooked chicken, skinned removed and thinly sliced
- 2 mangoes (or a 400 gram can of mango, drained), chopped
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- ½ iceberg lettuce (or 200 grams mixed lettuce leaves), washed and torn
- ½ medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 12 snow peas, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or paste)
- 2 tablespoons nuts, coarsely chopped e.g almonds, pistachio, walnuts
- 1 tablespoon seeds e.g. sesame, sunflower
- Place chicken, mangoes, corn, iceberg leaves, capsicum, snow peas and onion in a large bowl.
- In a small jug, mix together yoghurt and curry powder to make dressing
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Top with nuts and seeds and serve immediately.
- Use 1 or 2 avocadoes instead of mangoes.
- Use two oranges, peeled and segmented, instead of mangoes.
- Place leftovers on a small wholegrain pita bread or lettuce leaves to make a wrap.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small jug or bowl
- Large bowl