Fruity Rice Pudding
- 1/3 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon rind
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- Pinch nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 °C.
- In a 4-cup pie dish, mix all ingredients except the spice.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake for 1–1 ½ hours until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Other dried fruits may be substituted, eg: raisins, dried apple, pear, peaches, figs or dates.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Ovenproof pie dish
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.