0.5 serves of veg
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, for chicks
- 4 white sesame seeds, for eyes
- 2 medium-sized leaves iceberg lettuce, 1 left whole, 1 shredded
- 75g combined Lebanese cucumber, carrot, yellow capsicum, sliced, for tulips
- 2 offcuts of yellow capsicum, for beak
- Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water. Once cool, peel eggs.
- Slice 2-4 slices of cucumber and carrot. Then, using a flower-shaped cookie-cutter, cut out the shape from the slices.
- Slice yellow capsicum into thin strips, saving 2 triangular offcuts for the beaks.
- Assemble flowers by placing flower-shaped cucumber and carrot on top of capsicum slices.
- Place the lettuce cup on the place and fill with shredded lettuce to create the nest.
- Add 2 sesame seeds and 1 capsicum beak to each egg to create the chicks.