Garlic spice oven roasted chickpeas
6 serves of veg
- 2 x 440g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- olive or canola spray
- Preheat oven to 200 C (180 C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water, taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre.
- Combine garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne in a 3-cup capacity container with a lid or large zip lock bag; set aside.
- Spray chickpeas with an even coating of oil then use the baking paper to transfer them into the container with spice mix.
- Replace the lid or seal bag and shake to coat chickpeas with spices.
- Serve immediately or allow chickpeas to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Store in airtight container.
- large tray
- 3-cup capacity lidded container or zip locked bag
- serving bowl or airtight container
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.