4 serves of veg
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until tender but not coloured.
- Add the rice and stir through the onion until the rice ‘crackles’, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and half a cup of stock, stirring constantly, adding additional 1 cup measures of the stock after all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue until the rice is tender and the stock absorbed, resembling a creamy consistency, not dry or soupy.
- Remove from heat and stir through parmesan and vegetables.
- Using a pre-prepared stock liquid or powder will result in a higher sodium/salt content
- Veggie mix risotto; Add 150g sliced mushrooms, 1 medium zucchini, sliced, 1 stick celery, sliced, 1 capsicum, seeded and chopped and add to above method at Step 2. Add a 225g can sweetcorn kernels, drained at step 4 as substitute for the asparagus, snow peas and spring onion.
Can be stored in refrigerator up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large saucepan
- 1 cup Ladle or heatproof jug